Valluvanad.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Valluvanad.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 16th of November, 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information including name, job title, phone number, mobile number and email address.
- Demographic information such as postal address, PIN code, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Personal or family details for the purpose of registration in matrimonial services.
- Personal details and / or your Bank Account number for advertising in Valluvanad.com
- We may collect your IP Address, Browser information, or location information automatically while submitting a form, but shall be informed to you in the same form, before you fill in the details and send the form.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. However, we do not sell out your personal details to any chain marketing or multi-level marketing companies, Banks, share brokers and insurance companies
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We do not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual's consent or where we are required to do so by any court of law, or by any investigating officer in writing
- We take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law
- We ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
Security of Information
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Such personnel have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information and are required to comply with this policy. To know more on how we store, process or use your personal information, mail us to privacy at valluvanad dot com.
A cookie is a small file which is added to your computer's hard drive (Temporary Internet Files). A cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. For example, when you change the language of this website, a cookie is stored on your computer so that each time you access this website from the same computer, your personal preferences are maintained. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at privacy at valluvanad dot com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Information Technology Act 2000 and its amendment in 2008. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please mail to privacy at valluvanad dot com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.